Studying in the UK and having UK citizenship is the shared dream of many youngsters.UK universities are recognized as some of the pre-eminent universities in the world, which means that graduates are in high demand in the UK job market. Further, by studying in the UK on Tier 4 (General) student visa, you can quickly get a profession in the UK and switch to a Tier 2 (General) work permit, finally getting British Citizenship.
Student visa criteria
Firstly, applying for a tier 4 visa is an arduous task. Getting your permit is a stumbling block for applicants. Consider the following procedure before making a plan to study in London:
- It would be best if you are 18+.
- For applying to a tier 4 visa, the old 40 point system has been replaced with a 70 point system. So ensure that they are applicable in all aspects. From these 70, 50 points are given for
- ➔ Confirmation of acceptance for studies requirements
- ➔ Course Requirement
- ➔ Approved qualification requirement
- ➔ Level of study requirement
- ➔ Place of study requirement
- Further 20 points are for
- ➔ Financial requirement
- ➔ English language requirement
- The 70 points are non-tradable and are essential to apply for a Tier 4 visa.
- Apply for your visa within the duration of 6 months of acquiring your confirmation of acceptance for your studies.
- You will need to prove that you can pay for your course and your monthly living expenses throughout your stay in the UK. It is advisable to take the help of expert lawyers.
- The amount needed for your course will vary depending on where you study and the tuition course. Approximately the tuition fees are £12,000 per year but range from £8,000 to £36,000 per year.
- When your application is made correctly; on meeting all requirements, you will receive your visa within eight weeks from your applied date.
The benefits of shifting from a student to a Tier 4 student visa:
- Your potential manager will be much more willing to hire someone who graduated in the UK than an employee who graduated outside the UK.
- Employers are exempt from searching for a local candidate for a UK university graduate position, regardless of that graduate’s nationality.
- Employers are also freed from paying the Immigration Skills Charge when they hire a UK university graduate.
- It will be very easy for you to find work in the UK, as your employer will be able to preserve precious time and money employing you instead of an international graduate.
- The Tier 2 visa is valid for 5 years, and you are allowed to bring dependent family members with you on this visa. After you have been in the UK for five years, you can apply for an indefinite time and ultimately naturalize and become a British citizen.
It is also complicated to identify the right sponsor, the right course, and the range of family member’s applications. Taking advice from an immigration expert is always the right option.
Osbourne Pinner is a leading law firm with decades of experience and thousands of satisfied clients. We are an organization of expert immigration lawyers in London who have in-depth knowledge of the continuously changing legal and political climate and its impact on available immigration opportunities and requirements that can make the whole process hassle-free.