The tech nation visa, also known as the Global Talent visa, allows the brightest and the best talent from around the globe to enter and work in the UK. This is a UK immigration category that is suitable for talented and promising candidates in target sectors such as science, humanities, arts, and technology looking to work in the UK. Tech nation visa, however, is for the brightest and the best candidates from the digital technology sector looking to work in the UK. The candidates are expected to contribute their cutting-edge expertise, creativity, and innovation to promote the UK’s position as a global leader in digital technology.
Eligibility Criteria for the Global Talent Visa Application
There are two options for making an application for the tech nation visa; namely, Leader, also called exceptional talent, and Emerging Leader, also called exceptional promise.
Applicants under the exceptional promise category are likely to have less than five years of experience in their careers. The applicant should be able to prove their promise to be a leader through their skills and achievements. Tech nation will assess the global talent visa application and determine whether the applicant’s skills and qualifications meet the eligibility criteria for exceptional talent or exceptional promise.
Criteria for Exceptional Talent
A Global Talent visa application for the exceptional talent category must show that they have been recognised as a leader in the digital technology sector. They must provide evidence of two of the following:
- A proven track record of innovation as a founder or as a senior executive of a product-based digital technology company or employed in the digital field.
- Evidence of recognition for work beyond the occupation of the applicants that will contribute towards the advancement of the field.
- Evidence that they have made a crucial technical, entrepreneurial, or commercial contribution to the field of digital technology as a founder, senior member, or as an employee of a product-based digital technology company.
- They have shown exceptional talent in the field through academic contributions, published research, or endorsed by an expert.
Criteria for Exceptional Promise
The candidate for tech nation global talent visa must demonstrate that they have been recognised as having promise to be a leader in the digital technology industry. In addition, they must also furnish evidence of at least 2 of the following:
- At least 2 pieces of evidence of innovation as a founder or an employee of a digital technology company.
- Evidence of recognition for work beyond the candidate’s occupation that contributes to the advancement of the industry.
- They have contributed significantly in the technical, entrepreneurial, or commercial aspects of the digital technology industry as a founder, or as an employee of the company.
- Proof of exceptional ability in the digital technology field through academic contributions, or research endorsed by industry experts.
How Osbourne Pinner Can Help You?
Get expert legal advice on matters related to immigration in the UK with a purpose to live and work in the country. We have a team of dedicated visa solicitors who have years of experience in handling visa issues. Lawyers at Osbourne Pinner provide end-to-end legal guidance to talented individuals in the field of digital technology looking to live and work in the UK under the Global Talent visa. We help candidates with the application process and navigate all the documentation and eligibility criteria.
Call our experts to get legal help for Global Talent visa applications.