Landlord & Tenant Solicitors in London


We do not offer Legal Aid.

Please let us know what's on your mind. Have a question for us? Ask away.

We will always get the best possible result for our clients!

We represent you with a proactive & forward-thinking mindset.

Over 1,000 Landlord & Tenant Disputes Resolved By Our Expert Solicitors

At Osbourne Pinner solicitors based in London & Harrow, UK, we value your property, whether you are a tenant or a landlord looking for a source of income and an investment for the future. As landlord and tenant dispute solicitors based in London & Harrow, UK, our solicitors are here to guide you through the legal process, from preparing tenancy agreements to responding to legal questions.   

 Based in London & Harrow, UK, our firm’s landlord and tenant solicitors understand your expectations and objectives. Our solicitors provide tenants and landlords with straightforward and practical advice based on our extensive experience.  

Fast Processing Time
100% Success Rate
Free Initial Consultation

No Hidden Charges

Landlord Solicitors: How We Can Help You

Our solicitors based in London & Harrow, UK can provide landlords seeking legal advice with a tailored solution that includes guidance and paperwork from when your tenant moves to when they leave. We can help you with the requirements of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme, in addition to your ongoing responsibilities as a landlord, including assured shorthold tenancies. Landlords can get advice from us with:  

Dealing with a tenant who won’t pay rent or service charges can be a frustrating and difficult situation for a landlord. However, provided they have signed a contract, there are many avenues to follow to ensure you get paid. Our solicitors will provide extensive advice on this tenant dispute, and how you can legally pursue them to get what you are owed.

If a tenant causes considerable damage to your commercial or residential property, there are many things you can do to protect it. Firstly, it is important to determine whether or not the damage was intentional, as well as the scale of the property repairs needed. From there, our solicitors can help you with how to evict the tenant before further damage is caused. This might be with a section 21 notice.

We can offer you extensive advice on how to issue eviction notices and/or reclaim your property. You will need to know the legal requirements when it comes to evicting a tenant including notice, letters and correspondence for property disputes and possession proceedings.

If you think a tenant has broken one or more of the terms in your lease, you may need to take steps to protect your property or ensure that you get paid. You should always try to deal with this situation through collaborating and communicating with the tenant, but sometimes further action is required. Our solicitors can assist you with how to pursue legal action to resolve disputes from this point onwards.

When it comes to notices, you’ll need to make sure that everything is above board before you go ahead with them. Whether it’s a section 8 or section 21 notice, you’ll need to make sure you are issuing the right one in the right situation. Our solicitors can help you with everything regarding notices.

Ongoing tenant disputes and legal matters often require evidence. Our solicitors can help you collect and compile evidence for a legal case. No matter what stage of the process you are currently in, we can advise you on the type of evidence you’ll need for a tenant dispute.

Landlord representation in court

If you need representation in county court proceedings, we have a highly experienced legal team of solicitors based in London & Harrow, UK that can do just that. Our solicitors take a look at your legal issues and see what we can do to help represent you.

Tenant Solicitors: How We Can Help You

Our specialist tenant dispute solicitors know how to protect tenants’ rights and ensure they get what they deserve. When your landlord takes legal action against you, our solicitors help and advise you about your rights and the potential legal costs. Additionally, our solicitors can assist you with tenant disputes over assured shorthold tenancies, deposit disputes and property repair claims. The following advice is available to tenants:  

If your landlord fails to fulfil their responsibilities, what should you do? 

Osbourne Pinner solicitors helps tenants dispute landlord accusations for commercial or residential tenants. Our solicitors will advise and assist you throughout the landlord and tenant dispute, explaining your rights, alternatives, and likely outcomes.  

Tenant Ringing Solicitor For Help

Solicitor services We Provide to Landlords & Tenants

We work as an integral member of your commercial or residential property team with our full legal services. Our solicitors provide landlords and tenants with the following services:   

Our solicitors can help tenants and landlords with rent reviews and agreements, including service charges or a tenant’s deposit.  

Our solicitors provide legal advice to landlords and commercial or residential tenants regarding lease renewals and commercial tenancies under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.

It is an agreement between the landlord and tenant to terminate the commercial tenancy before its expiration date. Whether you’re a landlord or a tenant, our solicitors advice is accurate and useful for you.  

Our property litigation solicitors can help you regain possession of your property. They can assist you in notifying the tenant and procuring a court order for possession proceedings. If needed, our solicitors can also help enforce the order.  

Our solicitors can explain your rights and responsibilities for property disputes over disrepair or anti-social behaviour. Our solicitors can then help you to achieve your objectives in a reasonable time and cost-effective manner. 

Common Landlord & Tenant Disputes

There are many disputes that can occur with rental agreements. Our solicitors are here to provide legal advice and support with a variety of landlord and tenant disputes. Here are some definitions for the following:

A tenancy agreement or lease is a document that binds the tenant and landlord to a property. For the landlord, it will lay out expectations including rent payments, property treatment and more.

For tenants, it will explain what rights they have and what they can expect from the landlord. If a contract is breached by either party, sometimes the best way to move forward is to pursue legal advice or action.

That could be when a tenant fails to pay rent, for example, or a landlord fails to make the necessary repairs to keep a house inhabitable.

A possession claim is a situation that occurs when rent has not been paid, or the covenants of the legally binding agreement have not been performed.

This is a common dispute that sometimes requires legal support in order to resolve.

If there is unpaid rent surrounding a tenancy, this is called ‘rent arrears.’ These can be classified as priority debts, meaning they carry severe risks if left unpaid.

If you are a landlord who is chasing payment, or a tenant who has some kind of dispute around rent arrears, then you can seek legal advice from our  solicitors for the best way to proceed.

Disputes sometimes arise from maintenance or repairs. Although many of these disputes can be resolved through clear communication, there are times where you may need legal advice or action. The responsibility for payment around maintenance & repairs is often outlined in a tenancy agreement.

A rental deposit is a sum of money usually kept in a safe place for either party to access, usually at the end of the tenancy. A landlord may use it to pay for any damage to the property as a result of the tenant. They can expect this sum back by the end of the tenancy. Disputes around rental deposits are common and sometimes require legal procedures to resolve.

When it comes to evicting someone from your property as a landlord, there are two common ways this can be done. The first is a section 8 Notice, which can be used when someone has breached the terms of their tenancy agreement. This can include issues such as unpaid rent, or property neglect.

The second route that many landlords take is a Section 21 Notice. This is otherwise called a no-fault eviction. There are a few requirements for this notice to be used. The first is that the tenant should be on an AST (Assured Shorthold Tenancy), provided they have been given two months’ notice. Other requirements include providing key documents and protecting their deposit in a secure way.

If you are struggling with any of these common landlord or tenant disputes, Osbourne Pinner Solicitors can help.   

Why Choose Osbourne Pinner Solicitors

Getting legal advice is crucial to protecting your investment. You might avoid a landlord or tenant dispute if we are on your team from the start. Our solicitors can help you resolve tenancy issues quickly and effectively. Our solicitors approach is straightforward and clear, limiting the financial impact of disagreements to help you avoid costly tenant disputes.  

At Osbourne Pinner solicitors , we work with landlords and tenants who require legal support. The specifics of your dispute may vary, but our solicitors are here to help you every step of the way – from the initial consultation and how much compensation you’re owed to mediation and resolving your case. Our solicitors expertise extends to both commercial and residential properties – with a history of working in both types of cases.

Fast Processing Time
100% Success Rate
Free Initial Consultation

No Hidden Charges

Specialist Solicitors Expertise for Landlords & Tenants

We offer landlord and tenant solicitors services ranging from establishing an agreement at an early stage to the best course for recovering property. The specialist landlord and tenant solicitors in London work tirelessly to make sure that we help both landlords and tenants with the best possible outcome for both parties. Our solicitors areas of expertise include the following for both commercial and residential properties:  

Want to find out more? Arrange a free, confidential consultation. Our solicitors provide expert advice and recommend services with a clear, fixed fee to resolve your case.


We do not offer Legal Aid.

Please let us know what's on your mind. Have a question for us? Ask away.

Meet the Team

Portrait Of A Solicitor - RICHARD YOUNG

Richard Young


Santhosh Profile Picture

Santhosh Kumar


Solicitor Portrait - YEE HAN

Yee Han


Speak to Our Landlord and Tenant Dispute Solicitors

Osbourne Pinner are experienced landlord and tenant dispute solicitors in London, helping resolve issues between both parties. From mediation on tenant matters to legal action for landlords, we have extensive experience in all areas of tenant law.

Our team of solicitors can help you protect the well-being of people and property with various landlord and tenant disputes that may arise. Want to find out more? Arrange a free, confidential consultation. Our solicitors provide expert advice and recommend services with a clear, fixed fee to resolve your case.


We do not offer Legal Aid.

Please let us know what's on your mind. Have a question for us? Ask away.

Landlord & Tenant FAQs

Yes, solicitors can act for both parties. However, solicitors should not work for both the landlord and tenant if their interests clash. When this happens, it’s not good for them to help both sides. Our landlord and tenant solicitors can help either the landlord or the tenant to help resolve disputes.

It’s not required to have a lawyer when you rent out a property. But, when you rent your property, you’re giving important legal rights to your tenant. That’s why we recommend getting a professional solicitor to create your rental agreement. Renting may look simple, but legal issues can arise if you’re not aware of your duties. Legal matters can be tricky, so getting good advice is key. Landlord and tenant solicitors know a lot about the law and how it applies to you. They can look out for your best interests and help if problems occur.

You can sue your landlord in court if you prove that:

  • the landlord was obligated to make the repairs.
  • the landlord failed to address the issue in a timely manner.
  • you informed the landlord about the issue, or they were already aware of it.

Additionally, if you’re seeking compensation, you might need to demonstrate how the issue harmed your health or property, or caused you financial loss.

When filing a lawsuit against a landlord, there is a mandatory court fee. To find out the amount of this fee, visit the GOV.UK website. If you require the assistance of a solicitor, this will incur additional costs. 

Landlords are required to provide written notice before entering your property, regardless of the reason. This means they must inform you in writing, which could be through an email, text or a physical note, about their visit. Your rental contract should not permit the landlord to enter the property whenever they please.

Tenants have the right to deny entry to their residence to anyone. However, they shouldn’t unreasonably withhold permission. Providing you the landlord gives adequate advance notice, a tenant is expected to grant you access.

To terminate a fixed term tenancy agreement prematurely, it’s either necessary that your contract allows for it or you must obtain consent from your landlord. If your contract includes a provision for early termination, known as a ‘break clause’, you may end the tenancy before the fixed term is up. The specifics of when and how you can use the break clause will be outlined in your tenancy agreement.

A landlord cannot legally force you out of your home without first obtaining a court-issued possession order and an eviction warrant. This order allows the use of court bailiffs for your eviction. Any attempt by the landlord to evict you without these steps is considered an illegal eviction.

Here are the rights of landlord in England and Wales:

  1. Right to Enter: You can enter your property for inspections or repairs with at least 24 hours’ notice, except in emergencies. If repairs are disruptive or dangerous, you may ask tenants to leave temporarily, confirming this period in writing.

  2. Increasing Rent: Rent can be increased once per year in a periodic tenancy with a month’s notice, provided it’s reasonable and market-aligned. For fixed-term tenancies, rent increases are as per the agreement or at term end.

  3. Dealing with Disputes: For tenant disagreements, try informal resolution, written communication, or mediation. If unresolved, consider the small claims court. The Citizens Advice Bureau can offer guidance, especially in challenging cases.

  4. Eviction Process: Legal eviction requires following specific procedures outlined in the tenancy agreement.

    • Assured Shorthold Tenancy: Start with a Section 21 notice, then a standard possession order, or an accelerated order if there’s no rent arrears. If tenants don’t leave, apply for a warrant for possession.

    • Excluded Tenancy: For lodgers, give reasonable notice (equal to the rental period). Post-notice, you can change locks, even if their belongings are still inside.

If you have any questions about your rights as a landlord, you can find out more about the defence of a tenant’s actions or contact us today.

When renting a private property, as a tenant, you hold specific rights and obligations. Your entitlements include the right to:

  • reside in a property that is both safe and well-maintained
  • get your deposit back at the end of the tenancy, with deposit protection in certain situations
  • object to charges that are unreasonably high
  • be informed of who your landlord is
  • enjoy the property without unnecessary interference
  • view the property’s Energy Performance Certificate
  • be safeguarded against unfair eviction and unreasonable rent increases
  • receive a written contract for fixed-term tenancies longer than 3 years

Remember, any tenancy agreement you have should be reasonable and adhere to legal standards.

If you have any questions about your rights as a tenant, contact us today.