Consent Order Solicitors

Why Choose Osbourne Pinner?


Consent orders are legally ratified agreements made between a divorcing couple setting out how their money, property and other assets will be divided once their marriage officially ends. They commonly also include such important family financial matters as spousal maintenance and child support. They are so-called because the couple has ‘consented’ to the division by reaching the agreement – and a family court Judge has then turned this agreement into a binding legal order. This means that if either party fails to meet their responsibilities under the order, such as paying maintenance on time, the courts can intervene. You can apply for a consent order at the penultimate decree nisi stage of your divorce proceedings, and it will then become legally binding at the final decree absolute stage. Only if the couple cannot reach such an agreement between themselves will the case go on to an actual hearing in court. If you and your ex are on relatively good terms following your split, and are able to freely reach an agreement without legal help, it is not necessary to apply for a court order. But if that agreement later breaks down, you will not be able to ask the courts to enforce it.

If you would like to find out more about our London divorce solicitors, give us a call on 0203 983 5080

Affordable Pricing

High Success Rate

Free Initial Consultation

No Hidden Charges

Meet the Team

Solicitor Portrait

Anita Mary Shepheard

Senior Family Solicitor

Solicitor Portrait

Rashmika (Rita) Mehta

Head of Family Law

Solicitor Portrait - YEE HAN

Yee Han

Senior Family Associates


You can usually avoid going to court hearings if you agree how to split your money and property. If you and your spouse are in total agreement as to the financial arrangements you will still need the court to make the agreement official and binding by making what is called a consent order.


We do not offer Legal Aid.

Please let us know what's on your mind. Have a question for us? Ask away.

Consent Order generally describes what is to happen to each of the main assets (property, savings, shares, businesses and pensions). It sometimes also covers child and spousal maintenance (where applicable). Pension sharing agreements are a common clause in a Consent Order (where applicable).

Couples can use a clean break only if you both wish to prevent any claims in the future and both of you do not have any assets and simply want to dismiss any future financial claims, or you have already divided your assets between you on an amicable basis. You may wish to consider a clean break order even if you do not have any assets at the present time.

If you both are still dividing marital assets, such as a house, pension or savings as part of the divorce process then you can use a standard or detailed consent order. By filing the order at court you set out the agreement that you have reached formally. It can also prevent any claims in the future.

Our company’s fixed fee will mainly include:


Edward Moore
Read More
I asked to review my financial settlement. Within a matter of a short time, I got an appointment. My solicitor, was very professional and kind. She even offered me the chance to have a video conference if I was unable to go to the office. I felt comfortable and I was treated with respect. I felt confident in her capabilities. She was warm and put me at ease. The process was made very easy for me. Osbourne Pinner family law team was on top of my brief to them. Should I need a solicitor in the future, I will be very happy to go back. Thanks
Victoria Helena - Williams
Read More
Osbourne Pinner’s family law team worked with me tirelessly to put my mind at rest throughout the divorce process. From the outset I felt reassured. I was kept up to date throughout the process. The quality, and detail of the guidance I received was realistic and allowed a high degree of trust to develop very quickly. Without hesitation, I would recommend Osbourne Pinner.Thank you to the whole family team for your professional support during this difficult time of my life.
Nikhil Parmar
Read More
Very Professional and responsive I instructed Osbourne Pinner Solicitors for my UK Start Up visa. I was so pleased with the whole immigration team. Solicitor Ravi and Ardra dealt with my UK Start Up process. I was so pleased with the way they dealt with the whole process. Everything was so smooth. Both of them were so responsive throughout the whole process. Ms. Ardra updated me all the time. My Endorsement decision came in less than 3 weeks. Their in house business strategist was very supportive and helpful too. The way they provided me support during all the workshops with the business strategist and then preparing me for the endorsement body, it was like a hand holding thing for me. I am so grateful for all their support. It has been fortunate for me to find Osbourne Pinner. Thank you for all your support and help throughout the tricky process. I am so pleased to receive my successful start up visa endorsement with Osbourne Pinner. I can not wait to see the whole team after my visit to the UK with my family. I will highly recommend your services to Osbourne Pinner.
Peter Willoughby
Read More
Osbourne Pinner, and in particular their family law team were recommended to me by a good friend and trustworthy source. I have found in my dealings with them that they go the extra ‘proverbial mile’ in trying to help. This is not something I have experienced before with any other of the big family law firms. I am very happy with the service and will now recommend to my family, friends and colleagues.
Robert C
Read More
The team at Osbourne Pinner were absolutely fantastic and I would recommend them to anyone! Special thanks to the family team.
Getnet Zeriune
Read More
Osbourne Pinner in London I could have ever dealt with. From how my case was handled, the communication, replying to my calls and explaining to me in detail about the law. Special thanks to Kanchan Gooransingh ’s my personal advisor in getting my spouse visa processed very quickly and professionally.If you are looking for a professional and exceptional value for money service then, look no further. The team at Osbourne Pinner are thorough, professional and pleasant to work with. I highly recommend you give them a call, give them a try and judge for yourself. 5 Star is an understatement. All the best to all especially, Kanchan Gooransingh. Many thanks for your assistance & brilliant service.
E. James
Read More
Excellent and professional service. Very clear and precise instructions and was kept well informed. Very helpful and very good at their job. big Thanks to the Team!
Y. Ohun
Read More
My experience with Osbourne Pinnerwas absolutely pleasant from step 1. I did an application for Tier 1 Entrepreneur for myself. Solicitor Sabina was always available and very helpful with every step of the whole process. I would absolutely recommend them to anyone that is trying to apply for Tier1.
Read More
Very honest & straight forward costumer service. Very knowledgeable & refreshing approach. I highly recommend

Frequently asked questions on consent orders

In the legal world, a consent order is an agreement between two parties that is approved by a judge. The order becomes a binding court order once it is signed by the judge. Consent orders are often used in family law cases to settle financial matters between divorcing spouses or between parents and children. They can also be used in other types of cases, such as contract disputes. A consent order can be a helpful way to resolve a dispute without going to trial. It can also save time and money by avoiding the need for a lengthy legal battle.
If you and your spouse agree on the terms of your divorce, you may be able to apply for a consent order. This is a legal document that sets out the terms of your divorce, including property division, child custody, and support arrangements. To apply for a consent order, you must first file an application with the court. You will need to include a copy of your marriage certificate and a statement of your agreed-upon terms. Once your application is filed, you will need to serve your spouse with a copy of the documents. Your spouse will then have 30 days to respond to the application. If they do not respond, or if they agree with the terms set out in the application, the court will likely grant the consent order. Once granted, the consent order becomes legally binding and enforceable by law.
In order to answer the question of whether or not you need a solicitor to draft an informal agreement, it is essential to understand the definition of an informal agreement. An informal agreement is defined as an understanding or arrangement between two or more people that are not legally binding. This type of agreement can be oral or written and is typically not as formal as a contract. With this in mind, the answer to whether or not you need a solicitor to draft an informal agreement depends on a number of factors. If you are comfortable with the other party, and you are confident that both parties will uphold their end of the bargain, then it is likely that you do not need a solicitor to draft an informal agreement.
When you are facing criminal charges, it is important to know what to expect from the court process. This can help you better prepare for your case and understand what is happening at each stage. The first thing you can expect is an arraignment. This is where the charges against you will be read and you will be asked to enter a plea. If you plead guilty, the case will move on to sentencing. If you plead not guilty, the case will move on to a trial. A trial is where both sides will present their evidence and arguments. The jury will then decide if you are guilty or not guilty of the charges against you. If you are found guilty, sentencing will follow. If you are found not guilty, you will be free to go and your record will remain clean.
If you have a court order that has been breached, you may be wondering how you can enforce it. The first step is to try and resolve the issue with the other party. If that does not work, you can file a contempt of court action. This is where you ask the court to find the other party in contempt for breaching the order. If they are found in contempt, they may be ordered to pay a fine, go to jail or both.
If you don’t get a consent order when getting divorced, you may not be able to enforce any agreements made between you and your ex-partner. This means that if you have agreed to divide property or debt or make arrangements for children, you may not be able to rely on the court to help you if your ex-partner doesn’t stick to the agreement. Without a consent order, you also won’t have a legally binding document outlining your rights and responsibilities after divorce. This can make it difficult to enforce things like child support payments or spousal maintenance. If you’re thinking about getting divorced, it’s essential to get legal advice early on so that you understand all of your options and what might happen if you don’t get a consent order.
A court may grant leave to vary or discharge a consent order in certain circumstances. This will usually only be done where there has been a material change in circumstances since the order was made, and it would be unjust not to vary the order. For example, if one party to the order has lost their job or there has been a change in the needs of any relevant children.