The UK is among the most attractive destinations for skilled workers worldwide. The UK government has introduced the Skilled Worker visa, which replaces the Tier 2 General work visa. This visa allows skilled workers to come and work in the UK with a UK employer with a valid Sponsor Licence. We will explore everything about the skilled worker visa for UK, Sponsor Licences, and compliance requirements.
What is a Skilled Worker Visa?
A Skilled Worker Visa for the UK (formerly known as Tier 2 General Visa) is a type of UK work visa that enables skilled workers outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland to work in the UK. This visa allows skilled workers to apply for jobs with UK employers who are licensed to sponsor foreign workers. You must possess a job offer from a UK employer and meet specific requirements to get a Skilled Worker Visa.
Skilled Worker Visa guidelines
The Skilled Worker Visa guidelines include the following:
- Job offer from an employer in the UK with a valid Sponsor Licence.
- Meet the job’s requirements for skill level.
- Scoring a minimum of 70 points in the points-based system.
- You should read, write, speak, and understand English to the required level.
- Meet the financial requirements, either through salary or personal savings.
Skilled Worker Visa Requirements
Following are the Skilled Worker Visa Requirements:
- Job Offer:Applicants must have a job offer from a UK employer with a Sponsor Licence.
- Skills and Qualifications:Applicants must meet the relevant skills and qualifications required for the job offered.
- English Language Skills:Applicants must be able to speak, read, write, and understand English to the required level.
- Maintenance Funds:Applicants must prove they can support themselves without relying on public funds.
- Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS): Applicants must have a valid CoS issued by their UK employer.
Skilled Worker Visa Fees
The Skilled Worker Visa fees depend on the specific circumstances of the applicant. The standard fee to apply for a Skilled Worker Visa ranges from £625 to £1,423. Additionally, applicants must pay the healthcare surcharge, usually £624 per year.
How you can apply for a skilled Worker Visa UK
If you think how to apply for Skilled Worker Visa UK following are the steps to apply for a Skilled Worker Visa in the UK:
- Check Eligibility:You must check the eligibility criteria for a Skilled Worker Visa.
- Get a Job Offer:You must have a job offer from a UK employer with a valid Sponsor Licence.
- Gather Documents:Applicants must prepare all the necessary documents, including passport, CoS, proof of funds, and English language skills certificate.
- Complete Application:Applicants must complete the online application form and pay the necessary fees.
- Biometric Appointment:Applicants must book a biometric appointment at a UK visa application center to provide fingerprints and photographs.
- Decision:Applicants will receive a decision on their visa application within three weeks.
What is a Skilled Worker Sponsor Licence?
A Skilled Worker Sponsor Licence UK is a legal requirement for UK employers who wish to employ non-UK nationals. You should have a job offer from a UK employer with a valid Sponsor Licence to get a Skilled Worker visa.
What is Skilled Worker Sponsor Licence Guidance
The Skilled Worker Sponsor Licence guidance is a set of guidelines the UK government provides to help employers apply for a Skilled Worker Sponsor Licence. The guidance outlines the requirements employers must meet to be eligible for a sponsor license, including demonstrating that the employer is a genuine and credible organization with appropriate HR systems to monitor sponsored workers.
Additionally, the guidance explains how to manage a sponsor licence effectively using the Sponsor Licence Management System (SLMS) and how to ensure compliance with regulations at all times. The guidance also provides information on what to expect during a Compliance Visit, a routine check by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) to ensure that the sponsor meets all requirements.
Skilled Worker Sponsor Licence Application
Employers must follow the step-by-step instructions in the Skilled Worker Sponsor Licence guidance to apply for Skilled Worker Sponsor License. Employers must demonstrate that they meet the eligibility requirements, including providing evidence of their business activities and proving that their HR systems can monitor sponsored workers.
Employers must also pay the sponsor licence fee, which varies depending on the size and type of the organization. After obtaining a sponsor licence, employers can start sponsoring non-UK resident workers for eligible, skilled roles in the UK.
Sponsoring a Skilled Worker Visa
After obtaining a sponsor licence, employers can start sponsoring skilled workers for eligible roles in the UK. The Skilled Worker Sponsor Licence guidance provides information on sponsoring a skilled worker visa, including the job suitability requirements, salary thresholds, and English language proficiency requirements.
Employers must ensure they meet these requirements when sponsoring a skilled worker, as failure to do so may result in penalties or revocation of their sponsor licence. Additionally, employers must ensure they manage their sponsor licence effectively using the Sponsor Licence Management System (SLMS) and always maintain compliance with regulations.
What is Sponsor Licence and Compliance Visit
A Sponsor Licence is a permit granted by the UK government to employers who wish to sponsor non-UK resident workers for eligible, skilled roles in the UK. The Sponsor Licence empowers the sponsor to ensure that the foreign workers they employ meet all the requirements for working in the UK, including complying with immigration laws, paying their taxes, and maintaining their visa status.
The Compliance Visit refers to the routine check conducted by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) to ensure that the sponsor meets all requirements. A Compliance Visit is essential to the sponsor license process, enabling UKVI to evaluate whether the sponsor meets the necessary compliance standards.
During the Compliance Visit, the UKVI officers will review various documents and records of the sponsor, including HR records, financial records, and other relevant documents. They will also interview sponsored workers to evaluate whether the sponsor treats them fairly and receives the necessary support.
How Osbourne Pinner Can Help You?
The Skilled Worker Visa for the UK is a valuable opportunity for individuals who meet the requirements and have a qualifying job offer from an approved employer. Employers must secure a Skilled Worker Sponsor Licence to sponsor foreign workers, and the Sponsor Licence Management System manages the application process. Compliance visits may occur, so following Skilled Worker Visa guidelines and requirements is essential. Obtaining a Skilled Worker Visa in the UK can be an excellent opportunity for employers and employees.
Do you wish to get most updated information on Sponsor Licence and Skilled Worker Visa UK? Then, Get in touch with us!
We offer 30 minutes free of charge initial consultation which takes place at our offices or through a video conference. (Whatever mode you prefer)!
If you would like us to book you for this free consultation, then give us a call on 0203 983 5080 or fill the online enquiry form. We will contact you in no time!