September 2011. Santhosh specialises in Property and general Civil Litigation
and all aspects of UK personal and business immigration matters.
Santhosh is a Senior Solicitor who provides practical and accurate advice to clients on landlord-tenant, general commercial disputes, debt recovery together with all aspects of UK personal and business immigration matters.
Being a lawyer with varied and diversified experiences gained over the past 24 years enables him to meet clients at their point of need.
Santhosh has considerable experience in forming effective working relationships with people from other cultures, varied backgrounds, and walks of life.
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
- Bachelor of Arts (BA), Calicut University, India, 1996
- Bachelor of Law (LLB), Bangalore University, India, 1999
- Admitted as an Advocate in India, October 1999
- Qualified Lawyers Transfer Test (QLTT) from Kaplan UK in September 2010.
- Admitted as a Solicitor, March 2011
- Accredited Mediation Training Course, The Society of Mediators, UK, in May 2022
Experience and expertise
Property and General Civil Litigation
Santhosh provides sensible and pragmatic advice on a number of issues in landlord-tenant and general commercial disputes. Whether you are a landlord or a tenant, he can help you deal with disputes in the most efficient and effective way to achieve the outcome you desire.
He supports debt recovery processes and advises and consults with clients on a wide variety of civil and general litigation and dispute cases.
As a qualified mediator, Santhosh always tries to resolve matters through negotiation, mediation, or arbitration, but if that fails, he will be there to support you through a claim or defence in the civil courts or tribunals and help you achieve the best possible outcome.
Area of Specialism:
- Reviews of Rental
- Renewal of Leases
- Surrender of Tenancy
- Taking possession of a Rental Property
- Dispute Settlement Between Landlords and Tenants
- Preparation of tenancy agreements.
- Proceedings related to health and safety
- Possession of anti-social behaviour
- Removing troublesome tenants through the legal system.
- The defence of tenants’ actions.
- The act of serving notices.
- Tenant’s obligations and rights.
- Resolving Issues with tenancy deposit.
- Claims of disrepair.
- Defending against eviction
Santhosh handles immigration cases ranging from first applications to human rights appeals and overstay mandates and manages a caseload of personal immigration cases, including complex appeals, spousal visa applications, and applications outside of the rules.
Santhosh deals with both business and personal immigration. He advises, advocates, and acts on behalf of organisations on sponsor-related matters, including sponsorship licences, certificates of sponsorship, licence renewal applications, pre-post licence Home Office inspections, and consults with clients on both short-term and long-term business visa requirements.
He also prepares business/non-sponsored visa, sponsored worker visa, and temporary work visa applications and manages non-point-based system cases, including those for EEA immigration, naturalisation, discretionary leave, appeals, and judicial reviews.