How To Get A Sponsorship Licence In The UK

Scrabble Tiles Stating "Sponsor"

UK based organization that wishes to employ a non-EU or EEA visa applicant in the UK requires to have a valid Sponsor Licence. Here is a complete guide on how you can get a valid Sponsor Licence.

In this blog, we will cover:

  • What is a Sponsor Licence?

  • Eligibility for UK Sponsor Licence

  • Sponsor Licence fees

  • Sponsor Licence rating

  • How to apply for a Sponsor Licence?

  • Documents Required to Apply for a Sponsor Licence?

So let’s begin:

What is a Sponsor Licence?

A Sponsor Licence allows UK-based companies to employ overseas workers within the UK.

After approval, the licence will be valid for a period of 4 years with the option for renewal.

Eligibility for UK sponsor licence

Eligibility criteria for a Sponsor Licence is that your organization must have a presence in the UK and be operating or trading lawfully. If you have multiple UK branches, you can apply for one licence that covers all your linked UK entities or, you might apply for a separate license for each branch, depending on your situation. Also, it would help if you accepted all the duties associated with being a sponsor licence holder.

Sponsor licence fees

The fees depend on the size and type of organization. This application fee would be payable every time the sponsor licence is renewed.

Medium and large organizations are required to pay a sponsor licence application fees of £1,476.

The Organizations that are classified as “small sponsors” are required to pay a £536 as their sponsor fee.

For an organization to qualify as a small sponsor, any two of the following must apply:

  • Annual turnover is £10.2 million or less.
  • Total assets are worth £5.1 million or less.
  • Number of employees must be 50 or fewer.

Sponsor licence rating

There are two sponsor licence ratings:

A rating

B rating

When you apply for a Sponsor Licence, and you are successful, you will get an A-rating. This is the highest rating and means that the Home Office is satisfied that you have the necessary requirements in place to comply with your sponsor duties.

If the Home Office finds out that you are not complying with sponsor duties, you may get a B-rating. A B-rated sponsor will need to meet an action plan to gain A-rating.

How to apply for a Sponsor Licence?

To apply for a sponsor licence, the company needs to submit an online application form and minimum 4 specified supporting documents as evidence of their trading presence in the UK. You also need to submit a covering letter to provide background information.

Documents Required to Apply for a Sponsor Licence?

  • Latest Business bank statement.
  • Employer’s liability insurance of at least £5 million from an authorized insurer.
  • Certificate of VAT registration.
  • Evidence of registration as an employer
  • Proof of ownership or the rent agreement.
  • Latest audited or unaudited accounts.
  • You are required to be registered or monitored by a regulatory body to operate lawfully in the UK, evidence of your registration.

Our Sponsor Licence Services

Osbourne Pinner Solicitors is a multi-award-winning law firm, with decades of experience, with a trusted rating of 4.9/5. Our Client satisfaction, Fast Response, Professional services, Transparent fees, and Confidential services are unmatched among peer firms. We are a team of lawyers, immigration consultants, paralegals, and legal assistants who have deep knowledge of the ever-changing legal, regulatory, and political climate that makes the whole process hassle-free.

We make a difference in our clients’ lives, ensuring their voice is heard, and their rights are upheld. With decades of experience and thousands of happy clients, we are here to help you.

How can the UK Immigration Solicitors at Osbourne Pinner help?

We have a team of experienced visa solicitors that have years of experience handling matters related to the UK Sponsor Licence applications and Business Visas. We provide legal assistance to young entrepreneurs looking to establish and expand a new business in the UK. We help our clients make a strong application and comply with the requirements of the Home Office.

Contact our legal experts today  If you require legal advice on any of the issues raised by this article relating to the Sponsor Licence process then please do not hesitate to contact our expert team at Osbourne Pinner for more information on 0203 983 5080 or fill in the form for a call back. to book your consultation for help.

Latest Updates

Browse by Category